Re: [OM] Zuiko hunting in UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko hunting in UK
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:09:22 +0200
>I'm interested in acquiring the 21mmF3.5 and 28mmF2 Zuikos but I've a
>feeling that they may not be very common on the secondhand market
>here. Do they turn up with any regularity, or should I think about
>shelling out to get them new while they're still available?
>
>Just how painful would the latter course be? Does anyone have an idea
>of the current UK prices for these lenses? I'm *really* glad that I
>sprung for my 85mmF2 before the OM prices started their upward spiral.

>Brian W.

Brian

Welcome to the List.  Look in Amateur Photography for  2nd hand stuff:
e.g. Ace Cameras of Bath has a 21/3.5 for £349 (!).  The 21/2 is still
available new for about £685 from Shutters.  I have not seen a 28/2
recently (new or 2nd hand) but I sold one for £200 to Fieldgrass & Gale
last year  - it was a good lens, but I missed the compactness of the
28/2.8.  I bought a 85/2 and 28/2.8 for the proceeds of the 28/2.

The camera shows over in the Netherlands are good places to be for a range
of OM gear.  I bought my 85/2 and 28/2.8 at Houten, near Utrecht, in Mar
98.  But I live on the Dutch/German border so it's easy for me to say ;-).

Chris