[OM] Different US and non-US versions of 50/3.5 Macro?!?

Subject: [OM] Different US and non-US versions of 50/3.5 Macro?!?
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:35:23 +0200
Hi,

As you may have gathered, last week I received the 50/3.5 Macro and I
noticed something peculiar about it. The distance scale on this lens is in
feet only, whereas the one on Hans' e-sif page has the distance indicated in
meters.

Not a spectacular find, maybe, but still I thought it was interesting,
especially since mine is one of the MC marked versions, in other words, it's
not just an old concept lens or something like that.

Does anyone know what the story is behind these US (?) versions of this
Zuiko? Also, are there more Zuiks that have the same thing occurring to them
(i.e. different distance scales, but otherwise identical)?

Cheers!
Olafo