Re: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Net Police!)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] A plea for trimming quotes (Net Police!)
From: Malcolm Clay <claym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:54:06 -0500
At 07:51 PM 7/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
Garry D. Lewis wrote:

> Therefore if this list ever decides to become humorless, then I'll be deleteing myself

I agree with Gary!!  I've been on too many lists that had humorless
"guardians" that flamed anyone who stepped out of their "boundaries".  I

I'm very glad to see that there are a few other people who feel that the list was doing just fine before everyone began flashing their Net Police badges--I think that there has been more wasted time/bandwidth on this topic than the few inefficient quotes that get posted from time to time. (I thought about compiling ONE reply quote to show everyone--but I don't think they have outlawed burning for that offence.)

When I first found this list, I was glad to find it relaxed (with a few one liners tossed in to prove someone wasn't brain dead), I say post by example and others will follow you. Sure there will be some newbies who don't get the hang of it and just puke quote, but they will get more sophisticated.

Reply before/after/during the quote. Quote nothing/quote everything. Do whatever it takes to be an active, contributing member of this group.