[OM] Swimming cameras

Subject: [OM] Swimming cameras
From: <michaeljohnston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 99 22:53:16 -0600
>No no no, he's Aussie, not Norse; Mike, I suggest you place the camera
>along with a junked lens in an aquarium at home for guests to praise the
>build quality ;-O

You laugh, but Norb Wu once dunked two Canon F1's in the ocean. He opened
them up, dunked them again in a bucket of fresh water, and left them open
overnight to dry. The next day he loaded film in them, crossed his
fingers, and kept shooting; both cameras were in constant use for the
next ten years with no adverse effects. Not sure this would work with an
OM-2, but what has he got to lose?

--Mike

P.S. Of course JH knows best...

Mike Johnston, Editor-in-Chief
_PHOTO Techniques_ magazine
(www.phototechmag.com)
Preston Publications Division of Preston Industries, Inc.
Niles, Illinois