RE: [OM] Zuiko 200 mm f 4

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko 200 mm f 4
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:43:48 +0200
On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, [ISO-8859-1] Ángel Lobo wrote:

> >I´m asking about our good and old friend 200 f4:
> >Why the P. Farrar page says that "There may be two optical versions of
this
> >lens"?
> >Thanks.
> >Ángel Lobo
> >CUENCA (Spain)

> MC and SC perhaps, both of which have been mentioned by posters here.
> /Acer Victoria

Thanks Acer Victoria, but I think that this is not the reason.

Note that this explanation (4) is on the elements/groups, and some others
lenses on the OM System are with single coated and multi coated versions
and don´t have this explanation (4). For instance, his little brother 200 f
5 have the two versions (MC & SC) and don´t have (4).

On all my books and brochures the 200 f 4 have 5 elements / 4 groups.
Anybody knows a different configuration on this lens ?

Paul Farrar, where borns the suspicion of the two optical versions of this
lens ?

Thanks.

Ángel Lobo
CUENCA (Spain)