Re: [OM] 28-85 zoom lens for olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-85 zoom lens for olympus
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 13:32:34 +0100
John Hermanson wrote:

But,  Zuiko wide angles are marked "Auto -W" , telephotos  "Auto-T".  Could
"Auto-S" just mean "standard"?

...whether primes or zooms where the standard focal length is included in
the zoom range?
I like this theory, partly because it removes a suspected and undeserved
indignity from my 35-70 zooms and partly because it doesn't seem likely that
Olympus would mark some of its products with a symbol denoting inferiority.
Not owning any Zuiko tele zooms, I hadn't been aware that they weren't also
marked "Auto S".

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx