Re: [OM] Summicron vs. Macro Zuiko vs. Canon FD

Subject: Re: [OM] Summicron vs. Macro Zuiko vs. Canon FD
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 09:07:52 -0700
At 21:23 30-07-99 -0400,  "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx> teased and said:
>
>> ps: I have also made comparisons of slides taken with my various Zuiko
>lens
>> and my various M lenses.
>
>And!!!  the jury said????  Will you share the results of your comparisons
>with us?
>Puhleeeeeeze?!

In his posting, Paul Connet noted

To put this whole question into perspective, I am a bit of an equipment
junkie along with my Zuikoholic adiction, and I recently paid $390 USD for a
well-used 50mm Summicron of the third generation looking for the elusive
"Leica Look". I am still trying to see it.

I found the so called "Leica look" long ago having looked at Leica M images
sinces 1965. Don't ask for an objective description because I doubt one
exists. The images I have taken with my OM4T and various Zuiko lenses since
last January [when I first acquired my OM] possess something akin to the
Leica look but with less intensity. As a purely personal and subjective
description, the "look" is an aura of life, depth, feeling, or presence.
Some classical pianists are widely regarded as possessing something similar
in their playing.

jh