RE: [OM] OT: WINMAIL.DAT

Subject: RE: [OM] OT: WINMAIL.DAT
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:55:16 -0400
Gary Reese stated:

Digest 1058 just came in as a WINMAIL.DAT file.  For those who are sending
formatted e-mail to the list, please turn off the blasted Microsoft defaults
(likely from Outlook or Outlook Express) and mail us just plain text.

I'm already disgusted enough with all the crap that MIcrosoft has festooned
upon us, much less in having them "taking us where THEY want US to go."
[note
my venting is towards Billy Gates and crew rather than OM List subscribers]

Someone was kind enough to post the procedure for curing this.  If they
would
be kind to enough to repost it, I would be grateful

The main thing to do here (after being the cause of this a while back), is
to set up an address for the list (need to be off-line for this) and MAKE
SURE that the box for Rich-text format is NOT CHECKED!

Another way, when ready to REPLY, double click on To..., UNCHECK your box
for rich-text.  However, you'll need to do this every time you reply to the
list.

In case you're a little slow (;>), Rich-text format is the problem.  I guess
it's the advanced MS graphics capabilities that other OS don't have.....(;<)
It only happens on this list, or similar systems, not when directly replying
to other users.
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx