Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function
From: "Vem Då" <tox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 16:36:01 GMT

Thanks for your answer, Hans. You wrote:

The way it is supposed to work: make sure there is no spot reading active, then pull the memo lever. The exposure value of the next picture you take, read off the film/off the shutter curtain, will be used for all next exposures untill the memo function is cancelled. Of course it can only work correctly when there's
film loaded. If you camera does not work like this you will want to have it
serviced.

THIS MEANS THAT YOU HAVE TO "WASTE" ONE IMAGE to get the exposure to the time you want...

What I'd like is to be able to look at for example a darker area, pull the MEMO-lever and lock it to that dark spot at for example 1/30 sec, then look at a brighter area, and still take a photo with 1/30. Then I'd be able to change the aperature without having to mind the time.

If what you say is true, and my camera does work as you say, I can't use the MEMORY-function as I would like to. Instead I have to do one of the following to solve a situation like the one above: 1. Aim at the exact spot - press spot metering - Pull lever - (perhaps adjust aperature) - Shoot
or
2. Switch to manual, set it to 1/30, - (perhaps adjust aperature) - then I'd have to adjust time again - shoot.

IS IT BECAUSE OF THE OTF I CAN'T USE THE MEMO AS I DESIRE?!

Don't you agree that Olympus could have solved this function better?

Kind regards
Tobias Andersson
Halmstad