Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 08:26:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/99 5:53:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Ogreve@xxxxxxx
writes:

> No. You misread what Hans wrote. Hans actually wrote that you take a light
>  reading in centre averaged metering mode (FWIW: in spot mode the memory
>  function basically works the same), you then store the desired light
reading
>  _before_ taking a picture, and that value is then used during all
subsequent
>  shots (i.e. _including_ the first picture you take with this value stored
in
>  memory), until the memory is cleared.

Actually I think he understood Hans just fine. In center weighted mode, when
you flip the switch to MEMO the exposure will still be made based on the OTF
reading the next time you release the shutter. This is the exposure which
will be memorized, NOT the exposure measured at the time the MEMO lever is
set. In SPOT mode setting the MEMO lever saves the exposure already set by
the spot reading(s).

I'll agree that there are times I wish the memory took affect immediately in
center-weighted mode, but spot metering works just fine for me there. Of
course there is always manual mode, too.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA