Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:51:27 EDT
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> : Don't you agree that Olympus could have solved this function better?
>
>  No I don't. As it is designed it is much more versatile and you can even
> throw
>  in OTF techniques. Just one example where it can be a big plus: a macro
shot
>  with a black background, measured OTF and lit with a T series flash.

Hmmm OK, without dragging this thread out too far... First of I feel that
there are plusses and minuses doing the centerweighted memory function either
at the time MEMO is activated, or at the time of the exposure. Enough said
about that.

The thing that intrigues me is that Hans is saying here that MEMO works with
TTL flash as well. I wasn't aware of that, and don't believe I ever read it
in the OM-4 manual ( I don't have the manual with me right now, though). If
so, this would be a capability I don't think even the new wonderbricks have.
I could see it being very useful. Normally I use my OM-2S for flash, but
maybe I need to play with the OM-4 more. Would this have any application for
fill flash? Let me think about that one..

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island USA