Re: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested

Subject: Re: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:11:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 1999, Gregg Iverson wrote:

> I believe in good equipment, but sometimes I believe that is an excuse
> or laziness on behalf of many individuals for making sure the photo was
> well made in the first place.

  Gregg, I'm in that camp, too, and prefaced my post with:
"Granted, it's only hardware, and it may not aid & abet your vision..."
IOW, we agree. But it also needs to be said that not all hardware
serves everyone equally well. The secret is to match it to your own
vision, to find synergy with it, and this is not an easy task.
  Most people get into a system because of a salesman, gift, or friend.
They become superstitiously attached to it without ever really trying
out anything else, and then spend a lifetime defending or justifying that
position. It's human nature, but also a well-dug rut if one thinks about
it.
                           *= Doris Fang =*