RE: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:26:26 +0200
Hi,

> In center weighted mode, when you flip the switch to MEMO the
> exposure will still be made based on the OTF reading the next
> time you release the shutter. This is the exposure which
> will be memorized, NOT the exposure measured at the time the
> MEMO lever is set.

Geez! That sucks, and that's also quite opposite to how I thought it
worked...:(((

> In SPOT mode setting the MEMO lever saves the exposure already set by
> the spot reading(s).

Yes, but now it has me wondering what happens if you first take e.g. 2 spot
readings, operate the memory lever, take 2 more spot readings and then fire
away. What will then be stored in memory, the first two spot readings (as
one would expect), or the four ones that have been taken at the time you
release the shutter? Also, during the first exposure in this case, will it
use the 2 stored spot readings (and disregard the last two readings), or
will it take all 4? Can anyone clarify this???

Cheers!
Olafo