RE: [OM] RE: Flash Shoe "Lips" (was "help needed")

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: Flash Shoe "Lips" (was "help needed")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 10:12:26 -0500
At 09:11 AM 8/2/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Joel,
>
>The brass I got was about the thickness of 3-4 layers of aluminum
>foil and is easy enough to cut with a decent pair of scissors. I haven't
>needed to use the flash since I got the brass so I haven't gotten
>around to attaching it yet. This will give me the excuse I need to
>do it. I'll let you know how it comes out.
>
>-Chris Riek
>Foxboro, MA

Chris,

Thanks. There were also a couple other notes about sources for this brass
foil.

FWIW my flash foot was most problematically thin toward the front of the
foot.  Sunpak uses very small contacts, which I suppose makes the item easy
to insert, but contact is poor as a result in the OM-2S/4(T) shoe.  I'm
most interested now in seeing if the Duo-Sync foot can be improved in the
same way using this foil as a shim. Do keep us posted on your results.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA