Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti - Memory Function (long)
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 18:52:36 +0200 (MET DST)
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Blaz Vrabec wrote:

> But I can't think of a reason why one would want to use memory function with
> average metering mode. Memory function is IMHO intended for situations where
> you
> want to bracket or make several pictures in sequence in difficult lighting
> conditions. And in difficult lighting conditions one would usually use spot
> metering.

Well, I shot several sequence shots to cut and paste to form a panoramic
look. Usually, one side is brighter than the other side of the scene. With
an OM4T, I thought I got a memory lock from somewhere in between the two
view points and then started shooting from one of the views. And since,
by coincidence, I started from the darker part with the memory function
turned on, all the prints were over-exposed. Starting from the other side
would give me underexposure. It was too late when I realised that memory
lock did not work the way I thought.

Every now and then, I take serial shots in the *manual* mode. It is a very
firm and solid exposure lock! If the case of sudden changes in lighting
conditions is an issue, the same problem exists always after the exposure
memorizing is physically done.

OMer