Re: [OM] 55mm 1.2 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 55mm 1.2 lens
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 08:30:49 -0500
At 10:05 PM 8/2/1999 -0700, you wrote:

I was recently offered (for what I believe to be a very good price) a 55 f1.2 - I've had this lens for a week, took some casual test shots (I think I screwed up the exposure and was WAY overexposed) and was surprised to see some really lousy results. I've seen talk about how poor this lens is - could somebody or everybody elaborate? The outer ring has the following writing on it -
G. Zuiko Auto S Japan Olympus OM system

Thanks everyone

<<<<

Welcome to the list, Judy.

Do the lens aperture blades open and close freely? When you put the aperture to f16, flick the little lever on the back of the lens that stops down the lens. If that doesn't work freely, that's why you're getting overexposures. Also check for evidence of oil on the aperture blades.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA
<thismessagewasdeliveredviatheolympusmailinglist> <forquestions,mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <webpage:http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html>