RE: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested

Subject: RE: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:06:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Clyde Soles wrote:
[Regarding Leicas]
> Yep, and Rolex watches are over-represented on top lawyers and doctors
> today even though a cheap Timex is in many ways superior. The choice often
> has little to do with better pictures or time keeping.

 Yeah, a Big Mac is food just like a Chateaubriand;
       a Mercedes E55 is transportation same as a Kia;
       a BigK Emerson stereo barfs out sound just like a Macintosh;
       vacationing in Buffalo is the same as in Paris;
       silk feels just like polyester;
       MD20/20 gets one inebriated like Chateau Lafitte;
       Payless covers one's feet as do Ferragamos;
       a tin shack would be just as good as where you live now.
       You don't get what you pay for in this world. Everyone
      that buys an OM-4ti is a fool, when an OM-10 will do.
                [I'll find some to trade you]
        Riiiiiiiight. You think guys like Sebatiao Salgado, David Allan
       Harvey, Bill Allard, etc. are just pretentious fools  who are
       showing off their Leitz Jewelry ? Nice fantasy. Dream on...

                     *= Doris Fang =*