Re: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested

Subject: Re: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 05:27:04 EDT
Doris writes:

<< > Yeah, a Big Mac is food just like a Chateaubriand; >>

and Homebaked bread is just like wonderbread
and Homemade pasta is just like dry noodles
and the plasticisers in Crystal Geyser  sure
      beat those coming out of your home tap
and a mass produced Corrolla doesn't break
      down as often as a Mercedes Benz
and a bicycle is just like a Ford Behemouth
and the best things in life are free
and which is better, to have or to to be?
and Betamax is better than VHS
      (go rent some tapes)
and an apple tastes just like an onion
      (if you smell an onion while eating it)
and a tele-evagelist sure needs those air conditioned
       dog houses to save more souls
and a $500 military hammer nails 100 times
       better than a $5 Sears special
and a gold plated military toilet seat certainly
      beats a home crapper and is worth every
      cent of taxpayers money
and a $20 Olympus  loupe on an OM1 is just like
      an $800 Summicron-M on an M6,
      only better after hiking a 100miles carrying it.
and given a double blind test the photographs are
       indistinguishable
and the "Leica look" is the look the hoods give you
      when carrying your M6 gold brick in East LA
However,if you want to use your camera lens for
      nailing then a Summicron beats a 50mm
      OM loupe anyday
and if you ** think ** a Summicron makes a difference
      to your photography it probably does
and if you treat your camera like jewelery,
       it is jewelery
and the reason all those great photographers did not
       carry many lenses was the distraction
       would have prevented them from being
       great photographers
and if only we used the time we agonize over
       hardware practising our photography
       we certainly would make up for any
      differences real or imagined between lenses
Go Take Some Photographs  !

Actually, I enjoyed some of the posts on this thread
including Doris's, but I do think we should have
our 50mm "OM Super  Summicrons " adapted to
Leica mount. This way we could sell them to Leica
owners at a premium over their inferior lenses. RF's
can use presets so the  lens adaption is trivial only
requiring correct register.

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx