grey card was Re: [OM] To spot or not

Subject: grey card was Re: [OM] To spot or not
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, *- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

>On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Acer Victoria wrote:
>
>> For print film (Superia400), which has latitude enough, my palm+1stop is
>> much more convenient.
>
>  Of course, Acer. But if you owned one gray card (not likely to break
>anyone's bank) you could precisely calibrate the palm of your hand and
>then could shoot Velvia with some accuracy as well.

But I have calibrated my meter against a Minolta incident and N90s inbuilt
reflective read off a grey card at a camera store. Both say my camera is
off by ~+2/3. Once I get it CLAed, it should be back to spec. I currently
step up the ASA to 640 to compensate.
It's not a matter of money either; like someone else mentioned, it's
convenience. Most of my photos I meter reflected off the scene. A few
times I did the palm trick or moved up to the subject and took a reading
off the skin (hehe, strange looks have I gotten while doing both).
Not to argue with you, but for the moment, I'm happy as it is, but rest
assured that a proper grey card is in my future :-) Thanks,

/Acer Victoria