Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 03:28:30 EDT
wliles@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Leica and Olympus both have had a lot of influence on photography with
 Leica setting the no compromise standard for quality and Olympus
 bringing the end of the boat anchor SLR (at least for a while). >>

It is interesting that the Leica designs evolved somewhat differently
from the OM.
Leica started off petite and relatively light and got bigger and bigger.
Except for the CL which is more in keeping with the original smaller size.
The OM series made a feature of size and weight and
grew barely a few mm from the 1 to the 4 making it more and
more difficult to pack everything in.

Off Topic : I was interested to discover recently that Leica actually
OEMed the Novoflex follow focus hardware and pistol grips etc
under their own  label at one stage. (They did use Leica glass,
and Leica heads have always been available from Novoflex
anyway). I wonder how much more collectible the "genuine Leica "
Novoflexs are ?

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx