Re: [OM] OM in Encarta 99!!!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM in Encarta 99!!!
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:10:27 +0200 (MET DST)
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Acer Victoria wrote:

> Whohooo! Much to my intense joy (can you tell?) I was browsing through MS
> Encarta 99, and for "Single-Lens Reflex" camera, it had, AN OLYMPUS OM-1N
> (BLACK, LIKE MINE! couldn't look for the MD label as lens blocked it) with
> a Zuiko 50/3.5 macro!!! I was jumping for joy. And in the cut-away drawing
> of an SLR, they had the OM1 again! Yippeee! <m u s t  c a l m  d o w n>

Why - oh - why are we so happy when we see anything which says that Oly
is great. Even more, why do *we* promote them? Do we know Oly is good? Of
course. Are we gonna sell our Oly? Not likely.. Will Olympus hear us and
start boosting the OM line with new cameras and mass produced (thus,
cheap) lenses? Not likely? So?.. What are we doing? Any Oly promotion at
best increases the prices, including second hand. Which is baaaad...:-(

Shhh... Keep quiet. We all have a lot more OM to acquire.

OMer