Re: [OM] OT - Dessicants

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Dessicants
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 19:36:38 -0500
> Does anyone know if the "activated carbon" would be a problem in keeping my
> OMs and Zuik's dry? I am rapidly building up a pretty good stash of these
> little things.

The activated carbon serves to adsorb gases in the pill container, in
essence purify the air much like the carbon filter in a gas mask.  The
silica gell may have to be reactivated if it is already saturated with
water.  I'm not sure the plastic containers can tolerate the heat
necessary to accomplish this but if you remove the gell from the
container it can be heated in the oven to drive off any adsorbed water
and resore its activity.

W. J. Liles