Re: OM/Leica idiosyncracies Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT

Subject: Re: OM/Leica idiosyncracies Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 22:44:03 +0000
At 22:46 8/5/99 , Acer wrote:
>before OMing). Leica is too rich for my blood. Later on, I will get into
>spending, but on MF (still keeping OM).

Acer:
Good plan.  [I won't knock Leicas in this forum, but Leicaphiles should be
aware I have a ZI Contax and the Contax/Leica Holy War is the *oldest*  ;-)
 ]  You will find the MF and 35mm complement each other when you eventually
find a balance between what you use format for.  OTOH, another 35mm will
overlap in usage even if it is radically different.  With 3 very different
35mm's and one 645 I have found some overlap to be the case among the
35mm's.  OTOH it does provide some 35mm backup.  By comparison MF is an
entirely different world.  When you do eventually get into MF, don't *ever*
leave home with only the MF gear.  Take at least one 35mm (probably the
smallest and lightest), even if you don't intend to use it.  Some of my
best have been pure serendipity, not what was originally being pursued.

-- John