Re: OM/Leica idiosyncracies Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT

Subject: Re: OM/Leica idiosyncracies Re: [OM] Leica jewelry OT
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:45:39 +0100
Doris wrote:
> ... Obviously, I must like it, given the baker's dozen OM bodies I own,
>but it remains an OM idiosyncrasy. Nothing wrong with that, is there ?

Indeed not, but it's only idiosyncratic because the others are out of step.
The point I was trying to make was that the OM-1 was loosely following a
traditional layout for a shutter dial, albeit that of a leaf shutter. With
the earlier s.l.rs with their top dials, the visual association of shutter
speeds and apertures was maintained by the use of the shutter dial coupled
meters (equivalents of the Leicameter MR), but once t.t.l. metering came in,
the external meters went, leaving no visual relationship and looking pretty
silly. The OM-1's design retained it.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx