Re: Re[4]: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested

Subject: Re: Re[4]: [OM] Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 08:42:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
About Doris' blatherings:
>      Of course. I agree 100%. Although if you had to cover a boxing match,
> and were given a pinhole camera to do it, you might not come back with
> as many usable images as the guy with the F5 and the 300/2.8...
> the type of equipment CAN and does make a difference.  *= Doris Fang =*
>
>      Such comparison is somehow totally out, how could we compare a
>      primitive camera to a high tech one? It is just like recording a 100M
>      sprint timing using a sundial to a digital watch.

    I was hoping the point about TYPES of cameras being better suited
for different jobs could be made in my usual hyperbolic style, but I
see I need to be perfectly literal here. Okay. How about having to
shoot the boxing match with a digital Sinar 8x10 as opposed to an
EOS-1n/300/2.8 ?  Or shooting tabletop food set-ups with the
300/2.8 as opposed to the Sinar ? Is this making sense to anyone ?

                                   *= Doris Fang =*