Re: [OM] new to the list/ precision of metering-dial 2S, 4 Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] new to the list/ precision of metering-dial 2S, 4 Ti
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:38:26 EDT
I don't know how applicable this is but there is a current thread on the
Pentax list that says the factory sets the value for its averaging meters at
14% reflectance (1/3 stop more exposure than 18%). Somebody with access to a
densitometer should take readings of developed shots of a grey card metered
with both averaging and spot metering. A few weeks ago there was also a
thread that said the memorized value of an OM4 exposure on averaging was
different than the indicated initially in the viewfinder before the photo was
taken. I don't recall if the memo function indicated more or less exposure,
but there was a difference.

Warren