Re: Re[4]: [OM]Leica vs Om (was Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested)

Subject: Re: Re[4]: [OM]Leica vs Om (was Mandler 50mm f/2 Summicron-M tested)
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:31:00 +0100
At 11:35 06/08/99 -0700, George wrote:
>Richard;
>
>Most interesting post.
Thanks :-)

>I have a question: What's a 'postal print portfolio'?

A group of photographers, usually about a dozen or so, who circulate a box
of prints between themselves.  Each contributes a print, comments on the
other members' contributions, and mails it on to the next member.  It's a
great way to get to see the work of others and get feedback on your own
work.  There's also a general comments sheet where you can share ideas and
info (rather like this mailing list although the answers usually take
months rather than minutes to get back to you!).  The one I'm in has three
OM users in it.  (OM content :-) )  There is a wide variety of styles, some
portraitists, some landscapes, some b/w, some colour and so on.  We've
recently got our first digital-imager as well, certain to stir things up a
bit :-)

>PS:  One of the 4 photographers in my group (he prints both B&W and
>Cibachrome remarkably well) purchased one of your analyzers a few months ago
>and raves about it.

I'm pleased to hear it :-)  We have quite a number of customers in the US,
mostly as a result of our web site and an article in Shutterbug back in
December 1997, and the Analyser is our best seller over there.  The Leica
R-owning friend that I mentioned in my previous post is the one who had the
original idea for the Analyser - basing its display on the OM-4's
multi-spot metering system.

Best wishes
Richard

Richard Ross