Re: [OM] Zuiko to Leica M Adapter Interest?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko to Leica M Adapter Interest?
From: j.leonarddesigner@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 18:05:18 -0500
>Have you ever wanted to fit the wonderful Zuiko 21/3.5, 21/2, or 16/3.5
>fisheye to your M6?    Don't have the bucks for a $10,000 Zeiss Hologon,
>but do have a 18mm Zuiko and you want to use it on your M2?
>
>I've got someone who would be willing to create adapters to fit Olympus
>Zuiko's to Leica M cameras.  The adapters would be $175, and I would need
>an order for at least 25 adapters to get the custom machining done.  The
>adapters would NOT have rangefinder coupling, so they'd only be useful for
>wide angles and telephoto's at infinity, but think of what you'd save vs.
>re-buying Leitz glass vs using your Zuikos.
>
>Do I have any takers?  (I will not be selling these, I'm just the order
>collector.)
>
>Skip

Skip,

Novoflex, from Germany, already sells this kind of adapter. It is called a
LEM/OM (no, not a lemon :>) and the price is DM 299,00 (roughly US$150.) In
Canada, you can order those from Kindermann (the Canadian Leica
distributor). In the States I think Calumet is the exclusive distr.

Regards,

Jacques Leonard