Re: [OM] Zuiko to Leica M Adapter Interest?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko to Leica M Adapter Interest?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 01:08:39 EDT
skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Have you ever wanted to fit the wonderful Zuiko 21/3.5, 21/2, or 16/3.5
 fisheye to your M6?    Don't have the bucks for a $10,000 Zeiss Hologon,
 but do have a 18mm Zuiko and you want to use it on your M2? >>

Skip,
         shhh...  not so loud  ... the original suggestion to Doris (tongue
in cheek) that we should get rid of our 50mm 1.8 Loupes to Leica owners at
Summicron prices was not meant to be taken seriously. If you promote this
idea too widely all we will be able to afford will be dregs of the OM lens
line. It is bad enough that we can no longer afford the 8mm Fisheye's as most
have been converted to other mounts.

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx

PS  I believe at one stage Leica lenses had no less than three cams per lens
to accomodate different base length range finder couplings among the
different models.
They eventually went to one as the backward compatibilty became less
important.