RE: [OM] (Fwd) news message.

Subject: RE: [OM] (Fwd) news message.
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:43:18 +0800
Welcome Michael,

> the last 20 years and when my "VOITLANDER VITO 2" (which had fold-out
> bellows for the lenses) got stolen (german leaf-shutter
> camera c1959) and my
> Western-exposure meter, I bought my OM4.
>
> I couldnt justify buying a new camera for 20 years because
> the quality of
> the shots from the German camera was unbelievable. I know you
> other olympus
> users will snigger, but the shots were more "alive"
> and"magical" than any

My second camera was the Voigtlander Vito II (came after the Instamatic 50)
and I still have it.  I must admit the results I got with it were excellent.
Of course it had some shortcomings, lousy viewfinder (the newer Vito's fixed
that), no rangefinder - so you had to guess the distance (good discipline I
suppose), fixed 50mm lens.  Of course I've got to mention the good points,
the superb 50mm f3.5 Color Skopar, as pocketable as the mju/stylus, simple
double exposures, beatiful build quality, real leather metal and glass, but
still not heavy.  I think I'll have to dig it out of it's hiding place and
give it some excercise (might be able to sneak some shots from it into
ADITL-2).

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/