Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1071

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1071
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 14:07:12 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/99 10:46:56 AM EST, jj12161@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I recently acquired a used OM-4T through E-Bay for a great price ( or so I
> think): $340. It has no dents or dings. It does, however have some areas
where the > black finish has  come off (the usual places). Other than that it
is fine cosmetically > and mechanically, it functions perfectly. Does anyone
know if it is possible to > > >either send it  somewhere  for a cosmetic
touchup or how to do it oneself? I know I'm being kind of  vain here but I
thought I'd ask.

>  Take care,
>
>  Jimmy

    We've recently covered this question and many feel the slight wear adds
character and it's not worth attempting to fix. The bodies wear "in the usual
places" very very quickly and can appear even from just leaving the camera
sliding around in a bag, without actually using the camera, so, you're bound
to see wear again after a "fix". Several said you'll never match the paint
and/or finish exactly and may end up making it look worse. In my
experience/opinion, it is just about impossible to make it look 100%. A
couple of writers offered the fix that worked for them, you'll have to search
our archives.

Welcome
George S.