Re: [OM] (fwd) ... OM-4Ti together with Leica ...

Subject: Re: [OM] (fwd) ... OM-4Ti together with Leica ...
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 15:11:11 +0100
TM Lee wrote:
>...Seems there's some kind of  'symbiotic' advantage in having the use of
an  OM and
>Leica system.... what's the story ?
>Why not a Nikon system with the Leica or Minolta with the Leica, or Canon
with the
>Leica....

Ooh! Ooh! A chance for a bit of marque bashing!

Possibly because users of OMs and Leica rangefinders instinctively recognise
a similar underlying brilliance in design of both. I doubt if this would
extend to or from Leica Rs though.

Canon owners are conditioned to neither expect, nor want, a camera that is
still usable much past its guarantee period, also maybe they're ashamed that
Canon made its name by making Leica copies.

People who buy Nikons seem to do so because they haven't heard of other
makes. By the time they do, they've overspent so much they daren't admit to
themselves that something else could be as good or better.

Leitz and Minolta have co-operated on many joint projects where the latter
have produced the budget versions (like Contax and Yashica) so perhaps
Minolta owners aspire to own Leicas. Just guessing as I don't know any.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx