[OM] OT:Lens Cleaners for your Innards???

Subject: [OM] OT:Lens Cleaners for your Innards???
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 12:19:28 EDT
The shop next door to mine is going out of business..it has been a repair
service for Olympus, Fuginon et al fiber optic colonoscopy cameras (an
instrument I have grown to have an abiding hatred for over the years as I
have Crohn's Disease). I stopped by yesterday and was given a nifty hard
silver case with Olympus name plate that a colonoscope came in..pretty
large..maybe 20" x 24", 5" deep.....I'm thinking of getting foam and cutting
custom holes for storing my OM bodies,lenses, etc. Got a couple of the
Fuginon ones too, but of course, not the same as saying "Oly....."

Inside a couple of them I have found small vilals of lens cleaner,,still
sealed and in boxes...they say "SL Cleaner" and "for Gastro lens" and "Sigura
Laboratory,Inc.". The rest of the writing is in Japanese. I have a feeling
it'll be non-toxic as the lens would be inserted internally....do any of you
have any knowledge of this cleaner?? My first inclination is to use it, but ..

Maybe it has a special, bio-degradable form of "Rain-X" to keep the lens
(windshield) clear???? :=)
Susan Steele
in the Old Dominion