Re: [OM] Random Spewage

Subject: Re: [OM] Random Spewage
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:44:40 -0400
Hmmm.....I use a Minolta IV-F meter and had never even heard of Polaris, so
I looked it up.  I agree the two meters, by themselves, are most comparable.
The Polaris is a tad cheaper ($5.00 new @ B&H), the Minolta has a slightly
wider sensitivity range, among the other features you named.  I agree 100%
the Minolta should never be used as reflected meter sans the special 40
degree attachment.  >>Very<< odd readings result.  So the cost comparison
becomes more favorable to the Polaris by an additional $18.  What I do not
see available for the Polaris are any accessories, from simple stuff like ND
attachments to more sophisticated things like spot attachments to highly
specialized items such as the Booster spot probe for taking measurements
directly off the ground glass of view cameras.  Should your metering needs
expand into new territories, then the expandability of the Minolta system
becomes very, very beneficial and quite cost effective compared to multiple
specialized meters.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx> graced our inboxes with ramblings of several
things, including: