[OM] [ot] calibrating monitor

Subject: [OM] [ot] calibrating monitor
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:21:37 -0700 (PDT)
[this msg. is OT re. calibrating my monitor to scan (OM content!) will
keep it short]
Monitor: 17" Sony Trinitron. I've played a little with color temp so far.
When I installed the scanner (Epson 636U), there was a gamma calibration
thing where it asked me to match alternating bars of grey to get them as
close to one shade as possible. I can run this prgm any time later also.
Under "Properties," current setup is for Trinitron 9300K G2.2. That's
fixed (ie I can't change the gamma or temp). After using screen at 5000K
(had to turn up brightness/contrast) for a few hours, it looked good, and
9300K looked awfully cold/blue. Do I go back, run the gamma calibrat.
utility and set it to 1.8 or something? (current 2.1), even if the grey
bars don't match?  Also, color temp can be varied continuously if needed.
Thanks a million.

/Acer Victoria