Re: [OM] Scanning for ADITL2

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning for ADITL2
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:03:28 -0400
Actually, I think I'm the one who said >>>>640x480 pixels at 72 dpi<<<.  As
much as I don't feel like being ignored, I prefer it to someone else being
slighted for my statement.  The context of the phrase is from "I scan at
full resolution, then scale in Photoshop to 640x480 pixels at 72 dpi for
screen presentation, JPEG format, level 5 compression."

With Photoshop there are many ways to manipulate an image.  My usual process
for screen presentation is to simply change the dimensions, in pixels, to
what I want, generally preserving one dimension and letting the other fall
where it may to preserve the aspect ratio, and setting the resolution to
match the output device so the size is about right.  A 1024x768 (absolute
pixel size) image will fill most screens but is only 3.4 x 2.6 inches on my
printer at 300 dpi.

Garth stated much more eloquently and precicely what I was attempting to
state.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".