[OM] Re: leaking planes Re: Way OT: '70's Aircraft Reverie (Long)

Subject: [OM] Re: leaking planes Re: Way OT: '70's Aircraft Reverie (Long)
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:54:24 -0700
<Now I starting to wonder, three people have mentioned memories of
Norton AFB <and San Bernardino. Did we all buy Olympus - I graduated
from San Bernardino <H/S in 1965. BTW Norton was at one time SAC base
but thats even older history.
<
<       yours twilighting,
<
<               Gary D. Lewis

Gary,
        I for one went to Cal Poly, Pomona ('84-'89). Many of my class mates
and Instructors either worked for the military or the defense
contractors in the immediate area.  Everyone I knew was either into Drag
Racing, Airplanes or Road Racing.  In greater L.A. there is always
something going on, so we did.  There was almost an Airshow circuit, El
Toro, March, Edwards, Norton and the long Haul, The Reno Air Races.
Fortunately I still get to work on Race cars and sometimes an airplane
or two.

--
Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer