Re: [OM] Eclipse

Subject: Re: [OM] Eclipse
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:40:54 +0200
I shot two rolls of Elitechrome 100 here in Holland of the partial eclipse
(about 97%). One roll using a Sigma 600mm/F8 reflex lens + Olympus 2xA. The lens
was protected with Baader AstroSolar Safety Film (factor 100,000). The other
roll I shot of the environment including the sun, with the 40mm/F2 and the
21mm/F3.5. I made a special filter for these shots by taping some of the solar
filter foil on a Cokin filter so that I could partially cover and protect the
sky, leaving the environment free. I combined this filter with various others -
a polarizer, graduated red, star filter and a diffractor. The last one adds
colored rays of light to a picture. The location I chose was the Muiderslot, a
mediaeval castle not far from Amsterdam. When any of these pictures are good
I'll put them on my site. Very curious how Olaf did - he was going to try to
enter the zone of the total eclipse in France.

hnz