Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:46:41 +0000
At 02:41 8/13/99 , Joel Wilcox wrote:

>What in blue blazes is "accidental dial shifting"?

>I also NEVER shoot at 1/30 sec flash sync unless
>I'm deliberately blending ambient light.
>Do any of you routinely shoot at 1/30 sec?

I also have an OM-4 and T-32, but no T-32 manual.  It says nothing about
this in the OM-4 manual.  I *never* shoot at 1/30th with the OM-4/T-32 but
let it automatically set the shutter speed to 1/60th when the flash is
charged.  Never had any problem with the sync at 1/60th either.

The *only* accidental dial shifting I've ever encountered is the exposure
compensation ring around the ASA dial and rewind crank (when opening the
"never-ready" case it occasionally turns the ring).  I'm as baffled by this
as you are.

The only 1/30th requirement for the T-20/T-32 I know of is the need to do
this with an OM-10 when the Manual Adapter is plugged in.  (For this reason
I remove the manual adapter when the flash goes on to let it sync 1/60th.)

-- John