Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-80/2.8
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 12:18:46 -0700
John;

I just got my 35-80/2.8.  What a beauty!  And what a beast (to carry!)
Couple things I noticed, was hoping you could comment on:

The focus ring is wonderfully smooth and easy to operate.  The zoom ring
is babies-butt smooth too, but it requires some 'pretty serious' force
to turn.

The diaphragm at f/2.8 is wide open at 80, then gradually closes as you
zoom back to 35, so that, at 35 it is closed a wee bit, enuf to see, but
still a bit wider than the rear element.

I presume these are the correct behaviours, based on your sample of 1?

Thanks

George