Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 and Accidental Dial Shifting
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:33:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/13/99 11:00:42 AM EST, mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think what's meant is that you could possibly, in the heat of the moment,
>  touch the shutter speed dial rather than the focus ring or aperture ring,
> and
>  set it to 1/125 without noticing it and ruin the rest of your flash
pictures.

>  hnz

    hans, Just playing "devil's advocate" here, but how do they know people
who actually accidentally bump the shutter speed ring will only bump it one
click? why not set it even slower to say- 1/15 sec to be really sure?
    Foxy was correct when they wrote that the actual shutter speed that's
determined during exposure may "bump" (not anything physical) up, causing the
actual speed to be faster than 1/60 sec., and hence, the flash will not fire.
That is the way I understood it for 25 years, from having seen it explained
that way, but I can't put my finger on where I read it right now. One theory
I have is that the term "accidental dial shifting" may be a poor translation
from something that was explained originally in another language (Japanese?).

George S.