Re: [OM] SC vs MC

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:26:20 -0500 (CDT)
As I understand it, MC simply reduces natural dispersion of glass.
Since the ideal lens would be air that somehow coerced light into the
proper pattern, and each piece of glass adds a little bit of
dispersion, MC just corrects an inherent flaw. Therefore, adding a
piece of MC glass to the front just means that it will do less damage
than a piece of SC or uncoated glass.

BBB