Re: [OM] never produced goodies?

Subject: Re: [OM] never produced goodies?
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:03:10 +0100
Mark Dapoz wrote:

>..."In preparation: Shift bellows and
>135 mm f4.5 bellows lens.  Adjustibility facilitates focus extension
>(according to Scheimpflug) and perspective correction in the macro range."
>It sure looks interesting, it is too bad they didn't produce it.

Apart from the higher cost of such a bellows, they would also have to
produce special lens(es) for it. A normal lens wouldn't have the covering
power for shifts and even the already expensive Shift Zuikos wouldn't be
likely to respond well to being swivelled off axis for tilts. An old plate
camera 135mm Tessar is what I've used with my BPM bellows with its
rail-securing screws removed, but you can't get 'em with OM mounts.
Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx