Re: [OM] Questions to OM - Users in sweden!

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions to OM - Users in sweden!
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 10:57:07 +0200
Wolfgang,

You wrote:

> Hi to our swedish section,
>
> during this summer I spent my holidays in sweden near the Siljan - Lake.
> What I was very astonished about was that I saw many people using good old
> oly stuff OM-1, OM-2, OM77 and so on. When running around here in Germany I
> sometimes feel like beeing overaged with my oly-stuff (I assume most people
> like plastics;-). Are the swedish people not as trendy as the people here
> in germany or do they just like to stay with good things?

Well, I am actually surprised you say this, as I have not seen many people at
all using an OM camera! I feel like I am the only one who does, even though I
know it is not true. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough what people have? Am
I too happy with my own stuff that I don't care what "they" have?

All I can say, is that to me it seems that people are using this modern plastic
"wonderbricks", at least this is the impression I have.
I am following a newsgroup about photographing and photographic stuff in
Swedish, and all people are talking about is Ca-Ni-Mi-Pe. Oh, and occasionally
other brands like Hasselblad, Leica and like that. OM system? Not too much I am
afraid.

Maybe they are special up at Dalarna (the province where Lake Siljan are) and
can stand up to trends? As far as I can tell, Olympus and the OM system had the
most users here in the south, as Olympus Sweden are located in Malmö (near
where list member Ulf Westerberg lives).

So, to trying in answer your question: I *don't* think that Swedes are more non
trendy than anyone else. I think we are just as absorbed by the advertising
from the "big four" as everywhere.

Just my impression.

--
Regards/