Re: [OM] ...zuiko 90 f/2...

Subject: Re: [OM] ...zuiko 90 f/2...
From: "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:01:15 +0800
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Tan Tsin Giap <giaptt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Sunday, August 15, 1999 1:46 AM

    It's really a piece of gem....the initial pain for the high cost would
gradually erode with time and you would eventually congratulate yourself on
making a fine judgement on the purchase of  this superb piece of Zuiko
glassware. I can personally vouch for the performance of this lens as I've
owned it since 92 and it has produced one of the most memorable images for me
since then.
    I doubt you can buy one off the shelf here in Singapore as it is not so
frequent for a customer to just walk in and buy one....instead I believe you
can place an order at one of the better stores like Cathay Photo or some other
serious camera shops around the Peninsula Plaza area. You may have to place a
downpayment of around 200f the sales price and wait up to 3 months for physical
possession. I believe Cathay photo has an online quotation service at
www.cathayphoto.com.sg. Check out prices at the various shops before placing
your order. Good luck.
    Giap, Singapore

    claire wrote:

         dear all, appreciate if any zuikoholics could describe his/her direct
experiences with this hearsay fantabulous lens.... dreaming of owning one for a
long time now.... having difficulty getting a brand new one here in sunny (and
very humid) Singapore... any suggestions on how to get one ? cos I posted a
message to seek out Oly users here on "asiaphoto.com" and very disappointingly
got no (almost) reply at all.....! sob... sob..... that was how I found this
list ..... much to my gladness.... ;-) TMLee, Singapore
      dear Giap,
    thanks for the reply, appreciate it... seems to confirm what pple have been
proclaiming about this lens being a gem....
    I actually asked an e-quote from Cathay, they replied "no quote"...
    have U ever bought anything by mail-order thru "Pop Photography" magazine ?
    where/how did U acquire one ?
    regards
    TMLee