[OT] [OM] Are You Ready For Some Football??

Subject: [OT] [OM] Are You Ready For Some Football??
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 17:56:51 -0700
From: "Gamblers Bay" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[Spam deleted...]

</warning>Political lobbying follows...<warning>

This message is NOT spam.  This message complies with the proposed
U.S. Federal requirements for commercial e-mail bill, Section 301,
Paragraph (a)(2)(C) of S.1618.

Many spammers are citing this failed legislations as though it somehow legitimizes their abuse. The Murkowski pro-spam bill failed to pass the US Senate, let alone pass the House and get a presidential signature -- it is NOT law.

If you object to spam, contact your legislator and ask that any spam laws that are passed allow only "opt-in" or "by request" commercial advertisement, and that there are penalties for violations. Tell your legislator you want no more pro-spam bills like the one Senator Murkowski introduced. Provide this example of how these parasites are hijacking private photography mailing lists based on even proposed (but failed) legislation.

I apologize for this political email (which itself might be considered spam), but I am on a measured ISDN line, and I pay for each spam I receive. True, each one is a tiny amount, but it is to the point that I get more spam than desired email. IMHO, these guys are parasites, and need to be regulated.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229