Re: [OM] famous pics and cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] famous pics and cameras
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:20:52 +0100
>arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< Set me wondering if any of you know about any famous pics taken with
Oly?

I vaguely remember hearing that NASA used OM cameras to record the
blast-off on Apollo missions - apparently the OM was the only camera system
that could stand the heat long enough to protect the film and deliver the
pictures.  Can anyone verify this?

David Bailey and Patrick Lichfield are two high profile British OM users
but I don't know which of their famous pix originated with OMs as they use
other systems as well.

Not strictly to do with this thread, but I've noticed that a high
proportion of "readers pictures" published in UK photo magazines seem to
come from OM system cameras too.

Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England