[OM] Zuiko All Stars

Subject: [OM] Zuiko All Stars
From: "Bau Struye" <Bau.Struye@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:22:51 -0700
If this idea has already been discussed in the past, please ignore this
message.

If not, I was thinking the other day, as I am trying to redesign my lens
assortment, that it would be really helpful to have a list of the top ten
greatest zuiko lenses.  Actually it would have to be two top tens:  One for
"money is no object" (MNO) and one for "money is very much an object" (MIVMAO).

This would not be a "my favorite lens" thing as that would be different from
one person to the next and relatively useless, but rather based on actual
"performance in the field".  I imagine the MNO would have the 100 f2, the 180
f2.8 the 30-80 f2.8, the 50 f2, etc... while the MIVMAO would have the 50 f1.8
MC non-plastic, the 24 f2.8, etc...

I think this might be a useful tool for anyone in need of either starting up or
refining their arsenal.

This might be arrived at by votes from list members with everyone voting for as
many as they feel qualified to, based either on personnal experience or on
research.  Maybe some Excel guru could then tabulate the results and put them
up on a web page just like Skip Williams' excellent Zuiko-Ebay-prices page...

Any takers?