Re: [OM] Please recommend lens & accessories for beginner macro work ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Please recommend lens & accessories for beginner macro work ?
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 06:12:14 -0400
At 09:51 AM 8/18/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>I've recently enjoyed playing with my OM2N in the basement where I've set up
>a makeshift studio for macro shots of all sorts of small objects in a
>controlled environment.
>I'm using a Sun 28-45/3.5 zoom with macro mechanism, tripod mounted.
>Illumination is provided by a quick-auto 310. (which unfortunately doesn't
>provide TTL functionality with the OM2N.)
>
>I'm going to a large swap meet in two weeks and I'd like to know which
>lenses / accessories would enable me to take better shots.
>I'll be looking for a prime macro lens / T32 flash unit + TTL auto cord 4.
>
>Anybody care to recommend lenses with good price/quality ratio ?

In Oly, I'd think the 50 3.5 macro gives you the most for the least. Otherwise,
you might want to look for the Vivitar Series 1 and Tokina macro lenses in the
90-105 lengths. They can be had for around $200, and are fine performers.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at