Re: [OM] Summicron vs. Macro Zuiko vs. Canon FD

Subject: Re: [OM] Summicron vs. Macro Zuiko vs. Canon FD
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:31:15 +0200
Frank van Lindert wrote:

> My volume 6 of the Edition Olympus series is of 1984. Has it known
> more than one edition, yearly perhaps?

Yes there has been several editions, I know of at least one more, an
1985 edition.
My copy of the (first?) 1980/81 edition has an "cut-open" view of an
OM-2, T32, Bounce Grip2, MD1. The cover of the 1985 edition shows an
XA-4 and an OM40, the OM magazin mentioned its new name
"Produkt-Lexikon Foto" and the extended contentent covering all
components of the OM-System, also including not longer produced parts.

I wonder if the English version of the SIF was available as book for the
public? Is the layout of English and German SIF identical or did they
have different editors?
Were there SIF (and versions for the public) in other languages than
English or German?

Regards

Richard